Covid-19 Policies and Procedures
Lonsdale Creek Daycare Centre Society is committed to the health and safety of the children it cares for, as well as the families and people who care for young children. Please read and follow, let’s keep everyone safe and healthy. Thank you!
Lonsdale Creek Daycare Centre Society has developed this policy and procedure to protect your child’s health and safety, as well as others in its care, and the people who care for your young children. Your co-operation in helping us meet this goal is much appreciated.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic LCDCS has amended its Policy on sickness in all centres. It is recommended that you follow this Policy and Procedure, to keep everyone safe and healthy. Thank you for your consideration to get through these challenging times. It is important that we have an open communication with everyone, and to do that you must let us know if your child has been sick on the weekend, evening or during Holidays. We are working hard to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. Please communicate and talk to us.
Watch for symptoms of COVID-19 that can appear up to 14 days after being exposed to the virus. Staying away from others if you are sick is one of the best ways to protect others from COVID-19.
Symptoms of COVID-19:
The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other respiratory illnesses including the flu and common cold. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Cough or worsening of chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Nausea and vomiting
Parents are asked to monitor children for these symptoms daily
- All children and staff should stay home and self-isolate if they have, or are developing any of the above symptoms. They need to stay home until, see Procedure 2
- If a child/staff /or member in your family or household has one of the above symptoms they need to call COVID-19 helpline 811 or use the self-assessment tool at bc.thrive.health to assess symptoms and determine if testing is needed before entering the Daycare Centre. Stay away until all symptoms are gone, you might be asked to submit a negative covid test before returning.
- If your child /staff have travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days, OR Had close contact with a confirmed case or outbreak of COVID-19 and have been directed to self-isolate by public health. Please let us know. Stay away.
- Please ensure that staff are aware of your alternate emergency contacts at all times. It is advisable for your emergency contact person to have access to a car seat.
- We understand that sometimes it is hard to come right away to pick up your child if you have been requested to do so. However, due to COVID 19, we have to immediately remove any child or person who is sick, and isolate from others. Due to lack of space in some of our centres that is not always possible. Please come as quickly as possible or send someone else.
Please note that insufficient recuperation time can leave a child/staff member with very low immunity levels and increase his/her susceptibility to secondary infections or repeat original ailment.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Updated April 2021.